As we launch into the summer, lots of exciting things are happening at LifeJourney. Watch the video or read below for a quick overview.
Indianapolis Men’s Chorus and Pride Worship Service at LifeJourney this Sunday, June 3!
LifeJourney is hosting the official Interfaith Pride Worship Service this coming Sunday, June 3. The theme is “Unsung Heroes – How God Can Use Us All.” Although the 9:30 am service is the official Pride Worship, the Indianapolis Men’s Chorus will be featured at both services and both services will follow the same theme. (Please note, you do not need tickets for this Indy Pride Event.)
June Sermon Series – If You Think The Bible Condemns LGBTQ People, Think Again!
Does someone in your circle of friends or your family need to hear this? Why not invite them?
- June 10 – Doesn’t the Bible say, “Man shall not lie with man”?
- June 17 – Gay relationships celebrated in the Bible.
- June 24 – How to decide what’s sin and what’s not.
June 23 – Pride Event Hosted at LifeJourney – Drag Bingo
All proceeds benefit Indiana Youth Group and LifeJourney. Drag Queen India Black will MC! It’s going to be a BIG PARTY – a night of good clean fun! Tickets are available here.
New Family Life Minister
Our new Family Life Minister, Chris Edwards, is on board and all kinds of awesome things are happening for our children and youth:
- Our new Family Life Minister, Chris Edwards, is on board and all kinds of awesome things are happening for our children and youth: Summer Camp, June 17-23.
- Vacation Bible School July 27-29.
- Teen Life Parents Meeting, June 10 at 12:30 pm. 13 new volunteer teachers for Teen Life and LJC Kids have been added in recent weeks!
- A dynamic new curriculum is being used that helps our children and youth engage the Scriptures in fun and memorable ways.
Massive Effort To Bless Congolese Immigrants
Did you know there are hundreds of refugees from the Congo living in Indianapolis? They were displaced from their homes by war. During the month of June, we will be collecting a massive amount of practical necessities – things like tooth paste, deodorant, baby wipes, diapers, etc. Then on Saturday June 30 we will transport everything to an apartment complex where the refugees live. This project is part of our growing partnership with the Immigrant Welcome Center. Watch for details in the June worship bulletin and on Facebook!
We invite you to be part of all that’s happening!