We’re not the kind of church that believes everybody ought to think the same, look the same, or act the same. And we don’t have all the answers. But we are powerfully drawn to Jesus, and want to learn to live in his Way. To us, the Bible is not some dusty ol’ book of rules frozen in time, but a living, breathing, still-speaking word from God. We are a multicultural congregation, very diverse, filled with LOVE.
Come as you are. EVERYBODY’s welcome!
The poem contained within this video is used with the blessing of Rev. Mark Tidd, Highlands Church, Denver.
- Multicultural – one of Indy’s most diverse congregations.
- Theologically open minded – we don’t all think alike, and we like that!
- Radically inclusive – women and LGBT people are fully affirmed as equal partners in ministry.
- Excited about Jesus.
- Serious, but not stupid, about the Bible.
- Determined to help the poor and stand for justice and equality for all.
- Very imperfect – as a church and as individuals.
- Full of warmth, love, and welcome.
And we have the best sense of humor of any church in town!
- Following Jesus is not just a part of life; it is a way of life!
- Following Jesus is more about spiritual values than spiritual rules.
- The Bible is a living book that invites us into active dialogue with God in our daily lives — not some dusty ol’ book of rules frozen in time.
- Church should be a place where you can be real — no pretending.
- Church should be a place that welcomes our questions and encourages independent thought.
- Relax! We’re not a stuffy church.
- Worship services are Sundays at 9:30 am & 11:00 am.
- We usually have 300-400 people attending Sunday Worship Services.
- Some of our folks dress up, but most don’t. So dress the way you’re most comfortable.
- As you enter, a friendly greeter will hand you our Weekly News and Worship Bulletin.
- There will be fun, age-appropriate settings for your kids (babies through high school). Read more info about children and youth programming.
- If you don’t see the children’s check in center, just ask a greeter.
- The service will include some music, a reading from Scripture, prayer, a sermon and at the end a time for communion and personal reflection.
- Afterward, feel free to stop by the Guest Table in the social hall to chat with a Pastor or Deacon.
- Coffee, drinks, and nibble food is served in the social hall after worship.
Plan your visit, here's where LifeJourney Church is located.
See a video of what it looks like.
Feel free to check out a sermon online.