With all the news coverage about the coronavirus, we want you to know what we’re doing to stay on top of this and foster a healthy environment at LifeJourney. Here are the guidelines we’re implementing to keep our church family healthy. (By the way, this list might give you ideas to implement around your own house and workplace.)
- Until the concerns lift, let’s greet each other with warm words, but not handshake or hug without consent.
- For the time being, we will not “Share the Peace” at the outset of our worship services.
- Please don’t feel pressure to take communion if you’d rather not. It’s ok to remain in your seat. (Note: Servers always disinfect their hands at the moment they come forward to serve. Middle school kids will start joining us for communion, rather than partaking in their classroom.)
- When you cough or sneeze, please cough into a tissue or your shirt sleeve.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in key locations throughout the Lobby, Cafe, and Sanctuary.
- Everyone will be required to use hand sanitizer (or wash their hands) before entering the children’s wing.
- Tables, chairs, and other high-touch surfaces in the social hall, adult classrooms, and children’s classrooms will continue to be disinfected each week, as has long been our practice.
- If you have a cold, flu, or other respiratory illness, please listen online rather than coming to church that day.
And remember, at home, work, church, or school, your best protection against the coronavirus is frequent hand washing. In times like these, we really need the spiritual strength we draw from God and each other; we’ll get through this together!